Lobster potpie. Cut the lobster meat into medium-sized cubes. Place the lobster, frozen peas, frozen onions, and parsley in a bowl (there. Brandy adds a luxurious note to these creamy lobster pot pies.
Sauté the onions and fennel with the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat until the onions are Lobster Pot Pie. This week Gross Guy teaches you how to make Lobster Pot Pie! It's like Chicken Pot Pie, but with lobster and clam chowder! You can cook Lobster potpie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lobster potpie
- It’s 1 1/2 qt of heavy cream, or split with half&half, reduced by 25%.
- It’s 1 pint of lobster stock, reduced by half.
- Prepare 1 of potato, cut in cubes and blanched.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, cut in cubes and blanched.
- You need 1/2 of fennel, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 10 oz of chopped lobster meat.
- It’s to taste of S&P.
- You need 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled to 1/16" thick and cut into 4 cir.
- Prepare 1 of egg for wash*.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme, off stems.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped (instead of potato).
- Prepare of Cornstarch (to thicken).
One bite of that pot pie was like melt-in-your-mouth perfect lobster bisque but with huge chunks of lobster. These potpies are so pretty that you almost don't want to eat them. ½ pound cooked lobster meat (can be bought at the seafood counter). ½ teaspoon dried thyme. Chefs Michael Mina and Greg Zanitsch sate cool-weather cravings with two different takes on a savory pie, paired with rich white wines. Traditionally, potpie is a homey comfort food.
Lobster potpie instructions
- Preheat oven to 500°. Whisk the reduced cream and lobster stock together to make sauce..
- In a pot, heat sauce with vegetables and lobster. Season to taste with S&P and add thyme..
- Place equal amounts of sauce with lobster and vegetables into 4 12oz gratin dishes. Place rolled puff pastry on top and brush with egg wash. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve..
- Egg wash: mix egg with 1 tsp water or milk and a pinch of salt..
- I used 1-2C chopped asparagus instead of the potato. I also added 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) because I felt it is to liquidy..
Lobster, on the other hand, is reserved for special occasions. Put the two together and you have chef Michael Mina's signature masterpiece. We realize it's a rare occasion when you're faced with more lobster meat than you know what with. You could do what we do and have yourself a little private VIP party with some. Learn how to make Individual Lobster Pot Pies.