Bake New York cheese cake.
You can cook Bake New York cheese cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bake New York cheese cake
- It’s of For the base.
- Prepare 250 g of digestive biscuits crushed to fine crumbs.
- You need 150 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 225 g of plus 3 tablespoons caste sugar.
- It’s of For the topping.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons cornflour.
- You need 750 g of cream cheese.
- You need 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 150 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 150 ml of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sal.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Icing sugar for dusting.
Bake New York cheese cake instructions
- Mix together the crushed biscuits, melted butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar, and press into the base of a springform tin. Put in the fridge for about half an hour to set solid..
- Preheat the oven to 170c. While the oven is preheating in a large bowl mix together the remaining sugar, cornflour, cheese, egg yolks and vanilla extract using either an electric mixer or whisk..
- Slowly pour in the double and sour cream, mixing continuously. Add the salt and lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak and fold in the cheese mixture. Scoop the mix onto the chilled base and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours..
- Do not open the oven while baking as this may cause the top to crack. Once the cheesecake is golden brown turn the heat off and leave in the oven for 2 hours with the door closed. Open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool for another hour..
- Remove from the spring form base and dust with icing sugar before serving.