Rice Krispies Treats.
You can cook Rice Krispies Treats using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Krispies Treats
- It’s 4 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of 10 oz. bag of marshmallows (I use the large ones).
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 dash of Salt.
- You need 6 cup of Rice Krispies cereal.
Rice Krispies Treats instructions
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a 5 qt. (or larger) pot on stovetop on low heat.
- Once butter is melted, pour entire bag of marshmallows in at once and stir, coating them all with butter.
- Continue stirring marshmallows until they are all melted and creamy. *You have to continually stir them to prevent scorching and/or stiffness.
- Once marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour Rice Krispies in all at once and stir to coat them evenly with marshmallow cream. *Be careful to not over stir and crush cereal. I use more like a folding method.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×12 cake pan. *I spray my pan with veggie or canola oil.
- Butter your hands with the remaining butter and remove mixture clumps left in pot and/or on spoon. Pat the mixture down evenly in the pan.
- Let cool for at least and hour before cutting or covering. Store covered at room temp, do NOT refridgerate.