Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich. When choosing a ham, any cooked and cured ham will do. Please note, it's important not to use an uncured or fresh ham—preparing those properly is a more complicated, time-consuming process. Grilled ham coated in brown sugar and mustard is wrapped in aluminum foil to seal in the moisture and flavor for a delicious main dish. "By having the ham sealed in foil, the ham stays moist and delicious." The convection cooking your grill provides is unmatched.
The trick is to keep the heat low and indirect and to heat. So, here is my easy grilled ham, glazed with honey, bourbon, and mustard. Cook it low and slow until the ham is reheated, brush it with a few layers of glaze Want to cook the ham on a charcoal grill? You can have Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- You need 2 slice of bread.
- It’s 1 slice of smoked ham.
- It’s 1 slice of cheese.
- Prepare 1 slice of tomato.
- You need 1/2 pinch of garlic salt.
Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads. Ham slices or steaks are one of the easiest meats to grill. Mix up your choice of flavorful glazes and baste the ham with the sauce. Then, grill the slices and turn them once so they're heated throughout.
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich instructions
- Add butter spread to 1 side of each slice of bread and place on a griddle or flattop to toast. A toaster works too :).
- Place cheese slice on bread. Add a small pinch of garlic salt on top of cheese then add tomato slice on top of cheese and melt..
- Check other piece of bread, if toasted, place on top of tomato to complete the sandwich..
Grilling is ideal for cooking smaller ham cuts, such as ham slices, using the direct grilling method. It is not the best-suited method for cooking a whole or half ham. Because direct grilling uses high heat. It may just be the best grilled ham and cheese sandwich ever.-Renee Schettler Rossi. Pile the ham and cheese on a slice of bread, season with salt and pepper to taste, and then top with the other.