Chicken and Cabbage Soup. I had chicken breasts and cabbage on hand. I put these two ingredients in the search bar and this soup came up. I had everything else in the recipe except white pepper.
A quick video recipe by Chef Scott Velasquez on how to make Chicken & Cabbage Soup. This chicken cabbage soup with curry and turmeric is a nutritious dish that's packed with flavor! Either way, everything is made in one pot for a super easy. You can cook Chicken and Cabbage Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- You need 8-12 of chicken thighs with skin and bone.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- Prepare 6-8 of carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of whole garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage shredded.
- You need 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s to taste of Garlic salt.
- It’s 2 Tbs of dried Oregano or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of dried Basil or to taste.
- It’s 2 Tbs of dried Thyme or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of garlic powder.
Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Simmer until the chicken is heated. In a large soup pot, combine water, chicken broth, crushed bouillon cubes, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, cabbage and chicken, mix thoroughly.
Chicken and Cabbage Soup step by step
- Boil chicken in a large stock pot.
- Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot..
- Simmer on low..
- Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken..
- When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning..
I really love the soft, sweet napa cabbage in this soup. Use an ample amount of the large, thick outer leaves. They cook down quite a bit, but hold up I like to serve up the soup as is along with dipping salt on the side, but you can remove the bones from the chicken pieces and shred the meat and add. Chicken and Cabbage Soup is a very popular recipe. Mix together cabbage stock, chicken stock, chicken pieces, vinegar, pepper powder, soy sauce, cornflour mixture, and ajinomoto into a large saucepan.