Apple Jack (wine).
You can cook Apple Jack (wine) using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Jack (wine)
- Prepare 1 gallon of Apple cider.
- You need 4 lb of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 gallon of Water.
- You need 1 envelope of Wine yeast.
Apple Jack (wine) step by step
- Heat sugar, water, and cider to around 100° F ( enough to dissolve sugar).
- Let cool to temp that yeast envelope says it needs to be ( around 85°F)and add yeast.
- Pour into 2 very clean milk jugs and put fermentation lock on. Ferment for 4 weeks..
- After fermentation has slowed way down or stopped put jugs into freezer.
- Once frozen ( it won't freeze solid it will be slushy) strain ice off. Salad spinner works great..
- Repeat freezing and straining until it does not slush up anymore..
- And there you have it a freeze distilled apple wine that will warm your belly.
- Add a cinnamon stick and let sit for 3 weeks then remove so it does not overpower. It will almost taste like apple pie..