Orange-raisin ricotta cheese cake. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Let sit until the juices have pooled around the strawberries. Ricotta Cheese Cake – a different take on cheesecake made with ricotta cheese and raisins.
Ricotta Cheesecake with Cran-Raspberry Sauce Recipe & Video. The name 'Ricotta' actually means "recooked". This cheese is highly perishable, made from the whey (watery residue from making other cheeses) that is cooked. You can have Orange-raisin ricotta cheese cake using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange-raisin ricotta cheese cake
- It’s 1 cup of Ricotta cheese.
- You need 100 gms of sugar Confectioners’.
- Prepare 150 ml of Orange juice + 3 tbsps.
- Prepare ¼ cup of Raisins.
- You need 100 ml of whipping cream Heavy.
- It’s 3 tsps of Gelatin.
- You need 4 tbsps of Water.
- It’s 10 of Digestive biscuits.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of Butter.
- You need ½ tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare ½ tsp of Orange zest.
- Prepare 200 gms of Orange marmalade.
- It’s 100 ml of Water + 3 tbsps.
- You need 2 tsps of Gelatin.
In a mixer with the paddle attachment beat the ricotta, sugar and flour until smooth. Happy holiday everyone today our recipe is Orange Raisin cake easy, delicious and moist. Inside it the mix between orange and lemon, gold raisin and black. The Orange Ricotta Cheesecake recipe out of our category Cheesecake!
Orange-raisin ricotta cheese cake step by step
- In a plastic zip pouch OR a blender, crumble the biscuits..
- In a bowl, mix the crumbled biscuits, melted butter, cinnamon powder and orange zest. Mix well..
- Put this mixture in a 7 inch cheese cake tin..
- Spread it and press it down evenly to for a base. Refrigerate it for 45mins or till set..
- Soak the raisins in the orange juice for 4 to 5 hours..
- In a heavy bottom pan, simmer on low-medium heat the orange juice and raising mixture for 10 to 15 mins. Allow it to cool..
- Sprinkle gelatin in 4 tbsp of cold water and allow it to bloom..
- In a blender, add ricotta cheese, orange juice-raisin mixture, confectioners’ sugar. Blend well till smooth and creamy..
- Whip the cream till it becomes stiff and forms a peak..
- Warm 3 tbsp of orange juice in a small pan. Take it off the stove and mix the gelatin. Stir till it dissolves well..
- Add gelatin mixture in ricotta cheese mixture, mix well. Add the whipped cream into it and mix well..
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or till set..
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and allow it to bloom..
- In a pan, heat orange marmalade and 100ml of water. Stir well and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Take it off the stove and allow it to cool for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add gelatin mixture in the melted orange marmalade from above step. Stir well until gelatin is dissolved completely. Cool for few minutes..
- Pour this over the ricotta cheese cake..
- Refrigerate until set..
Flavored with orange zest and orange liqueur, this ricotta pound cake is incredibly tasty and moist. It is the perfect treat, particularly nice as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea, but it is equally good served for breakfast or brunch or even dessert — so versatile. Mix Ricotta cheese, sugar, egg, egg yolk, candied orange peel, raisins and rum. Fold in stiffly beaten egg white then add cooled cream of wheat. Mix graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar.