You can have Mango Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango Cheesecake
- It’s 140 Grams of Graham cracker digestive biscuit crumbs / crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 of butter Stick , unsalted , softened.
- You need 8 oz packs of cream cheese of 3.
- You need 2 Cups of Mango , pureed.
- It’s 1 Cup of Castor sugar.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 Tablespoon of Custard powder.
Mango Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C..
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs (you can also use digestive biscuits) with the butter until the mixture looks like damp sand..
- Pat the crumbs into the base of a springform pan, and place in the freezer to set..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese till smooth..
- Add the mango puree, and beat well till incorporated..
- Add the sugar (you may increase or decrease the amount of sugar you use depending upon the sweetness of the mangoes) and beat well till combined..
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and custard powder and beat till fully incorporated..
- Take the springform pan out of the freezer and wrap it in a layer of clingwrap, then an layer of aluminium foil..
- Pour the batter into the pan..
- Place the pan in a roasting tray, and place the roasting tray in the oven. Pour water from a recently boiled kettle in the roasting tray, till halfway up the sides of the pan..
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, till the cake is just set but the center is still a bit wobbly..
- Remove the cake from the oven, take it out of the water bath and place it on a counter-top..
- Unwrap the aluminium foil and clingwrap, and let the cake cool to room temperature..
- Once cooled, place the cake in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours (you could do this overnight too)..
- When set and chilled, unspring the cake from the pan and serve..
- Optional: you could make a 'mango mirror' to top the cake. Dissolve 1 level tsp of powdered gelatin in 1 tablespoon of hot water, and add it to 1 cup of thick mango juice (with pulp). Pour over the cooled cake, and place it in the fridge to set the 'mirror'..