Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party.
You can have Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party
- You need 1 of canned ham about 4-5lbs…
- You need 40 slice of american cheese.
- It’s 20 of kaiser rolls.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter/ margarine (approximatly).
- You need 20 tsp of spicy brown or original mustard (optional).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of bacon grease.
Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party instructions
- slice canned ham into slices appropriate for a sandwich. (HINT) I make mine about 1/4 inch. I used dabuque brand canned ham.. but u can use deli sliced ham or package sliced ham. but id make sure they were thick enough to fry up. 🙂 u can also use bologna slices…
- preheat skillet on medium high.. with 2tbl. bacon grease. (HINT) u may sub for butter or a nice flavorful oil. (HINT) if pan gets to hot just lower heat. :).
- fry ham slices for about 30 seconds to one minute per side. give a nice browning. add bacon grease as needed..
- set ham aside..
- preheat oven to 375.
- slice all kaiser rolls in equal halves.. all the way through..
- butter both sides of the inside part of the buns..
- then spread mustard on one side or both sides depends on how much u like.. (HINT) u can omit mustard as I did..
- place 1 slice of cheese per roll half.. (HINT) u can omit cheese, cut down amount of cheese or use any type of cheese u wish. cheddar goes perfect with these as well…
- place 2-3 slices of ham (more or less depending on ur liking) on half of the rolls..
- place the other half of rolls on top of the ham cheese side down…
- wrap each sandwich in a piece of aluminum foil. (HINT) this helps with lots of things.. it keeps the bread protected and keeps the juices in.. :).
- (HINT) to wrap.. place a sheet of foil large enough to completely wrap sandwich in. place sandwich top side down. fold each corner in overlapping. then place folded side down onto cookie sheet..
- place sandwiches on a cookie/baking sheet..
- bake for 10-15 min. or until pipping hot and cheese is melted and gooey.. (HINT) unwrap one to check after 10 min..
- place still wrapped sanwiches on a serving tray or large bowl..
- serve hot with toppings of choice. they can now unwrap their hot ham n cheese and assemble with favorite toppings. toppings suggested would be slices of tomato, onion, lettuce, pepper rings, jalpeno rings and pickle slices.. or any other toppings u would like..
- enjoy! :).
- serves about 20 large sandwiches..