Apple Pie Grilled Cheese. Sharp cheddar cheese and tart apple pie have long flirted with one another, but never has the sweet-savory combo gotten quite so hot and bothered as in our apple pie grilled cheese sandwich that fits in your hand (they're not full-size pies, you beautiful dreamer). Apple Pie Grilled Cheese Is the Ultimate Sweet-Savory Comfort Food. Swap your bread for apple pies and take your grilled cheese to a whole new level.
The caramelized apple grilled cheese sandwich turned out just as well as I had hoped, which is to say that it is addictively good and I have already made it more than a few times! The warm caramel coated apples with a hint of cinnamon go so well with the strong, melted cheddar cheese and the toasted. In a grilled cheese challenge, my husband and I dared to create "dessert" sandwiches. You can have Apple Pie Grilled Cheese using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Grilled Cheese
- Prepare 4 slice of bread.
- You need 2 slice of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 slice of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of green apple.
This particular sandwich is the all-American twist on the apple pie. Instead of bread, we use frozen poundcake (thawed), add homemade apple pie filling, and brie cheese. There's nothing more American than apple pie, and the fourth of July. Yes, you can cook a homemade apple pie right on your barbecue!
Apple Pie Grilled Cheese step by step
- heat pan to medium heat.
- lay town two pieces of bread and put one slice of cheddar cheese on each bread slice.
- cut apple so there's enough for 4 slices on each sandwich . and then place apples on top of the cheddar cheese.
- sprinkle as much cinnamon as you like on the apples . I use about a tablespoon on each ..
- cut 6 thin slices of cream cheese . put 3 slices on each sandwich . then put the other slices of bread on top.
- heat butter in pan and put the apple pie grilled cheeses in . Cook for about 3-5 mins . cover with lid so the apples soften and cheese melts.
- take out apple pie grilled cheeses and place on a plate … add more butter in pan and cook other side of sandwiches . re cover with lid for 3-5 mins.
Ace Champion and Shullsburg Creamery come together to make this awe inspiring dessert grilled cheese sandwich. This unlikely combination of Cheddar cheese, apple, and bacon makes for a fantastic grilled cheese sandwich. I love apples and bacon and placing it between two slices of lightly grilled bread with melted cheese.delicious! This is a nice twist on traditional grilled cheese and it was a perfect. To make the apple pie crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt until well combined.