Strawberry Provolone Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Vegetarian.
You can have Strawberry Provolone Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Vegetarian using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Provolone Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Vegetarian
- Prepare of Strawberry Filling.
- You need 20 of strawberries, medium.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need of Sandwich.
- It’s 8 slice of multigrain bread.
- Prepare 8 slice of provolone cheese, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of whipped butter.
Strawberry Provolone Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Vegetarian step by step
- This is a fun twist on a classic comfort food. The recipe is appropriate for lacto-vegetarians..
- Mash 4 strawberries through a strainer, collecting juice and pulp. Discard seeds..
- Add lemon juice and honey. Stir until blended..
- Slice remaining strawberries with a thin cut so they can be spread easily on the sandwich..
- Add strawberry slices to the mixture and ensure they are well coated. Cover and put in refrigerator. Allow time to soak in the juices. When you are ready to cook, drain the excess juices..
- Spread whipped butter on one side of each slice of bread..
- Place bread butter side down in a warm non-stick pan. Add provolone slice, then spread the strawberry mixture on the cheese. Place the other slice of cheese over the strawberries and slice of bread, butter side up on the top..
- Raise the heat a bit and cook until the cheese is melting and the bottom has achieved a crispy browned texture. If you use a darker bread, watch this carefully it may be more difficult to detect..
- Flip the sandwiches and cook until the other side achieves the same crispy appearance..
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve..
- This can be made with other cheeses or breads. Be sure to choose a cheese that melts well..