Chicken Pad Thai. Chicken Pad Thai – Isn't it about time we stopped relying on take out to get Pad Thai and making it at home instead? Prepare the noodles, cook the chicken, add veggie and sauce, cook scrambled eggs and stir in noodles. Pad Thai is a Thai noodle stir fry with a sweet-savoury-sour sauce scattered with crushed peanuts.
We pack bags of authentic flavour into our tender chicken and rice noodles. A classic authentic chicken pad Thai made simpler than most other recipes. Additional vegetables such as eggplant, squash, peppers, green beans, broccoli, snow peas, and mushrooms can be tossed. You can have Chicken Pad Thai using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pad Thai
- Prepare 8 ounces of Pad Thai noodles.
- You need 4 1/2 tablespoons of Asian fish sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 1/2 ounces of cup fresh lime juice,.
- Prepare 1-2 of Thai chili’-seeded stemmed and thinly sliced.
- You need of (…Note you may want to mix up a little extra sauce…..:).
- You need 3 ounces of canola oil.
- Prepare 3 of large shallots, thinly sliced (1 cup).
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 12 ounces of Chicken breast cut into 1/4 inch strips- (dust with the ¼ cup of corn starch -shake off excess).
- Prepare 3 ounces of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 ounces of chopped roasted peanuts- chopped.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of bean sprouts.
This Pad Thai recipe is hands-down one of the easiest, tastiest recipes on the blog. It's made with simple ingredients and can be made with chicken, shrimp or tofu! This Chicken Pad Thai Recipe rivals any restaurant but is made with pantry friendly ingredients, is Devour your favorite Chicken Pad Thai smothered in the most irresistible savory, sweet, salty, sour. You asked for an easy chicken Pad Thai recipe, so here it is!
Chicken Pad Thai step by step
- Cook the noodles for 6 minutes rinse with cold water and place in a bowl. (check the brand directions we cooked the minimum…some have you soak them and not cook).
- In a small bowl, whisk the fish sauce, light brown sugar, salt, lime juice and chilies..
- In an omelet pan add 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly set, about 1 minute. Break up into small penny size pieces..
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes then add the dusted with corn starch chicken cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes to brown. (Add more oil if need).
- Add everything together stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.(if you cook cook to long you lose flavor as the sauce cooks off. as noted above you can mix up extra sauce if desired).
- Garnish with additional lime wedges, cilantro and chopped peanuts and bean sprouts.
The key to perfect Pad Thai is in the cooking (or "not" cooking) of the noodles – learn how to get them chewy-perfect with this recipe. It's packed with spicy Thai flavors and lots of peanuts. There are certain chicken pad Thai ingredients that are move authentic than others. Skip the takeout and make this Healthy Chicken Pad Thai recipe instead! This gluten free pad thai recipe is a healthier version of a classic.