taisen's tomato mushroom grilled cheese. Cover with the remaining slices of bread. Heat a little bit of butter and oil in a pan. Grill sandwiches on each side until they are well golden and the cheese has melted.
Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. All Reviews for Grilled Cheese with Tomato, Peppers and Basil. You can have taisen's tomato mushroom grilled cheese using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of taisen's tomato mushroom grilled cheese
- You need 1 small of to medium ripe tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Portobello mushrooms or canned ( you only need a few for one sandwich).
- Prepare 1 of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of bread ( I like the italian bread but you can use any kind ).
- You need 1 can of of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 of fresh or dried basil.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
Scrambled Egg + Tomato Grilled Cheese. Recipe developer, food stylist, author, and teacher with a passion for sandwiches. She's behind the popular blog Grilled Cheese Social. Sharing a recipe for Mushroom Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Caramelized Onions.
taisen's tomato mushroom grilled cheese instructions
- if using fresh mushrooms clean and slice them. if using canned or jar ones drain them.
- fry the mushrooms in a bit of butter. you can add spices if you want ie: garlic , old bay , pepper. whatever you like or want.
- rinse and slice tomato.
- heat up a frying pan or a griddle. you can put oil or butter in it so it doesn't burn the pan if your using a frying pan.
- butter your bread on one side of each like your making grilled cheese.
- open the can of tomato soup. add in some pepper and basil. simmer to heat through.
- put one slice down on the griddle or pan butter side down.
- add sliced tomato on top.
- add fried mushrooms.
- add mozzarella cheese.
- add the other slice of bread on top butter side facing you..
- check the bottom and dont let it burn. when toasted to your liking flip it over to toast the other side..
- put the sandwich on a plate. serve with soup over top of it or in a side bowl for dipping. enjoy.
I like ordinary grilled cheese, but this is no ordinary grilled cheese. This one incorporates caramelized onions flavored with balsamic vinegar and mushrooms that have been. Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella. Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Herbs and Cheese. Ingredients for mushroom grilled cheese: mushrooms, bread, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, salt, pepper, butter, fresh herbs.