Chicken in Hoisin Sauce.
You can cook Chicken in Hoisin Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken in Hoisin Sauce
- You need of For Chicken :.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s of Oil to fry.
- You need of For Sauce :.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen pea, thawed.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 1,5 tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch + 1 tbs water (mix well).
Chicken in Hoisin Sauce step by step
- Marinate the chicken slices with salt, garlic powder and egg for at least an hour..
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and coat them well with cornstarch..
- Fry the chicken until cooked through and crispy. Fry the chicken in small batches so it will not use too much oil..
- To make the sauce : Mix water, sugar, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, apple cider vinegar and black pepper in a bowl. Stir them well..
- Heat a tablespoon oil, then add garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant..
- Add the sauce mixture and cook until bubbly. Add the peas. Stir it for a few second. Add the cornstarch mixture. Stir it until the sauce get thickened. Turn the heat off..
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to combine..
- Serve immediately..