Cajun chicken pasta salad. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine. How to Keep Bagged Salad Fresh As Long As Possible. Reviews for: Photos of Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Drain and rinse with cold water to cool pasta to room temperature. A chicken salad done Louisiana style with a remoulade, Tabasco sauce and a little Cajun spice. Or your belly if you decide to make this Cajun twist on the classic chicken salad. You can have Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- It’s of Orecchiette pasta.
- You need of Cavatapi pasta.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- It’s of Italian dressing.
- It’s of French dressing.
- It’s of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- Prepare of Black olives.
- It’s of Green onion.
- It’s of Yellow onion.
- It’s 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- It’s of The best olive oil you can find.
It's easy enough, you can basically prep the ingredients as the chicken is poaching. This Cajun pasta salad recipe will brighten up any summer potluck, picnic, or BBQ! It has tender marinated chicken and a zesty creamy dressing. This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere's – thank you for supporting the brands that keep Salt & Lavender cooking!
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe has a Creamy Alfredo Sauce with your favorite pasta and seasoned chicken. This popular Chili's classic can be made with penne, linguine, or fettuccine. Add sausage or shrimp for a fun twist. Bonus: This recipe is make-ahead and freezer-friendly. Easy One Pot Cajun Chicken & Pasta Recipe.