Easy Chicken Stew.
You can cook Easy Chicken Stew using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Stew
- Prepare 4 of chicken leg quarters, separated.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large russet potatoes, cubed.
- It’s 1 can of carrots, drained.
- It’s 1 of sick of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- It’s to taste of Garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of Garlic salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning or season salt,.
Easy Chicken Stew step by step
- Melt butter or margarine in large sauce pan. And separated chicken quarters and simmer on medium, covered, for approximately 20 minutes..
- Add diced onions, potatoes, and garlic. Cover and slow to simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes..
- Add additional spices and continue to simmer on medium for approximately another 15 minutes. Stir every 5..
- Add 1 cup of water and turn heat to medium high for about 10 minutes. Then turn down to medium low. Add carrots..
- Cook at medium low for another 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through..
- If desired, garnish with paprika and parsley before serving over rice..