Greek Rice Salad. Greek Brown Rice Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Just before serving, drizzle the reserved artichoke marinade over salad, toss to blend, then spoon onto a lettuce-lined salad platter. Learn how to make Greek rice salad & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
This Greek Rice Salad is a delicious twist on the classic salad. A definite hit at our dinner table as a side, starter or main dish. Share: Rate this Recipe Place rice into a large bowl. You can have Greek Rice Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Rice Salad
- It’s 4 cups of cooked brown rice (can be replaced with farro or orzo).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need of Juice of 1 whole lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dill.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 20 of cherry tomatoes quartered.
- It’s 4 oz of crumbled feta.
- You need 2 of green onions chopped (red onions can be used as substitute for stronger onion flavor).
- It’s 4 oz of kalamata olives.
This salad makes a great Combine cooked rice and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, olives, oregano, chickpeas and spinach in serving bowl. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and sugar in small bowl. Pour over rice mixture, and toss to combine.
Greek Rice Salad step by step
- In small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper to create dressinf.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix in dressing, and enjoy!.
- Note: this dish is best served at room temperature. To eat the next day, place in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Just before serving, drizzle the reserved artichoke marinade over salad. Toss to blend, then spoon onto individual lettuce-lined salad plates. This tasty version of the traditional Greek salad uses a wild rice blend but you can use white or brown rice if you wish. It's great served at BBQs or with any meat and seafood. Which kind of salad are you looking for?