Philly Cheesesteak Brats.
You can cook Philly Cheesesteak Brats using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Philly Cheesesteak Brats
- It’s 4 of fresh made brats.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 of large green bell pepper – chopped.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion – chopped.
- You need 4 of brat buns or hoagie rolls.
- You need of Sliced American cheese and/or your favorite cheese sauce.
Philly Cheesesteak Brats step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add about 1 tbs oil and swirl to coat..
- Add brats Sear to brown on both sides. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cooked through. Ours took about 15 minutes, but they were huge specialty brats from our local grocer..
- While brats cook melt 2 tbs butter in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion and cook until tender and beginning to caramelize, about like what is shown here. Season to taste while cooking of course..
- When brats are cooked turn off heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Assemble as shown in recipe photo. Side note, in the photo I sliced mine because the brats we bought were huge. You do not have to slice yours. Enjoy!.