Open Face Patty Melts with Horseradish Sauce.
You can have Open Face Patty Melts with Horseradish Sauce using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Open Face Patty Melts with Horseradish Sauce
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s to taste of your favorite burger seasoning.
- You need 8 slices of American or cheddar cheese.
- It’s 4 slices of bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbs of prepared horseradish.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ketchup.
Open Face Patty Melts with Horseradish Sauce instructions
- Shape beef into 4 patties about 1/4" thick (I made mine square to fit my bread hehe). Sprinkle both sides of each patty with desired amount of your favorite burger seasoning..
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add about 2 tsp oil to help prevent sticking. When hot add burger patties. Cook until first side is browned, about 2-3 minutes. Flip patties. Place 2 slices of cheese on each patty..
- Turn heat down to low. Place lid on skillet. Continue cooking until cheese is melted, about another 2-3 minutes (yes, that will be enough to cook the burgers through)..
- While patties finish cooking mix mayo, horseradish, and ketchup in a small bowl and toast your bread. Plate toast. Spread a little sauce on each piece of toast. Place patty on top, cheesy side up. Enjoy!.