Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad. Kinpira Gobo is a traditional Japanese dish often enjoyed at home and you might be familiar with it since it's typically served in bento box from Japanese The most tedious part is that you have to julienne both gobo (burdock root) and carrot, and if you are not used to chopping veggies, it might be. Burdock is a root that when shaved has a pleasantly crunchy texture with a sweet flavor and floral scent. In this recipe, it is sautéed in sesame oil and then topped with soy sauce and sesame seeds.
Kinpira means a cooking style that you stir fry and simmer with sugar and soy sauce. The most common ingredients used for Kinpira is gobo (burdock root) and carrot, but lotus root is another. Kinpira Gobo is braised burdock root and carrot in a sweet and salty sauce. You can cook Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad
- It’s 1 of Burdock.
- You need 50 g of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Red chili pepper.
- It’s of (Seasonings).
- It’s 1 Tbs of Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Sweet sake.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- You need 1.5 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Some white sesame.
This is another mom's home cooking kind of dish rather than restaurant food. The name Kinpira comes from legendary muscleman, and that shows how nutritious the dish really is. Kinpira Gobo is a great side dish you. Vind stockafbeeldingen in HD voor Traditional Japanese Salad Kinpira Gobo Fried en miljoenen andere rechtenvrije stockfoto's, illustraties en vectoren in de Shutterstock-collectie.
Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad step by step
- Wash a burdock and the carrot by running water and brush. The ratio of burdock and carrot is 3 to 1 would be better..
- Cut to shredding a burdock and the carrot, Slice a red chili pepper without seeds. I will show you how to cut burdock for difference of texture on my cooking video..
- Soak the burdock into water in the bowl for 5 min (to remove the scum) then drain it later..
- Pour some canola oil in a pan, add red chili pepper with low heat till spicy comes out. Change to highest heat and add burdock and carrot..
- When the burdock cooks add seasonings except sesame oil, keep heating till the sauce is getting low. When the sauce is low pour sesame oil on top and wait 5 seconds then turn off heat. Put some sesame seeds and done..
- You can watch this cooking video → 「Coozy Life burdock」on my YouTube channel ! Have a nice your cooking time guys..
Elke dag worden duizenden nieuwe afbeeldingen van hoge kwaliteit toegevoegd. Burdock root, greater burdock or edible burdock root is called "gobou/牛蒡" in Japanese. Its Latin name is Arctium lappa. Although it is a root A popular Japanese dish is kinpira gobō, julienned or shredded burdock root and carrot, braised with soy sauce, sugar, mirin and/or sake, and sesame oil. Braised Burdock (Kinpira Gobō) is a vegetable side dish.