One-Pot Chicken & Rice.
You can have One-Pot Chicken & Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One-Pot Chicken & Rice
- Prepare 3 lbs of thighs and legs.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots (cut in rounds).
- Prepare 1 cup of celery (sliced as thick as carrots).
- Prepare 1 of small onion (diced).
- It’s 1 of small yellow or orange bell pepper (diced).
- You need 5 of large cloves garlic (minced).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of old bay.
- Prepare 3 tbs of chicken bouillon powder.
- You need 2 tbs of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
One-Pot Chicken & Rice step by step
- Brown chicken in large, deep pan, with lid on, on med. heat..
- Push chicken to one side, add all vegetables. Coat in pan liquids, sprinkle with garlic. Add lid back on for another 5-8 mins..
- Add rice and seasonings. Let toast for a few minutes. Add water. Replace lid..
- Cook on low – med. low for 25 mins. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 mins before fluffing rice..
- My electric skillet on the lowest setting did nothing after 25 mins, I turned up the heat to med. low and let it go another 25 mins. Came out perfectly..
- I used more rice and spices, because we like extra rice..