You can have Patty Melt using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Patty Melt
- It’s 1 lb of ground sirloin or 80\20.
- Prepare 1 of cheese of choice.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- Prepare 4 piece of bread of choice.
Patty Melt step by step
- I grill these over charcoal with hickory chips. Once grill is hot I put the onion right on the coals. Don't be afraid of the char…your gonna want that..
- While onion cooks. Patty the meat into 8 ounce portions. Allow onion about twenty minutes and give it a turn or two. Now put those patty's on and cook to desired temp. Add your cheese and toast that bread..
- Remove the outer char from onion and get to that soft inner portion. Add to your patty melt and start grubbin. I also put sweet potatoes right on the coals also…makes an awesome side..