Zippy Dijon Caprese Sandwich by the ClannMaster.
You can have Zippy Dijon Caprese Sandwich by the ClannMaster using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zippy Dijon Caprese Sandwich by the ClannMaster
- Prepare 1 of rustic crusty bread (I used a french baguette).
- It’s 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of pesto (can omit if this isn't your thing).
- It’s 1 of thinly sliced, vine ripe tomato (I used early girl variety from the garden).
- It’s 1 bunch of basil (fresh).
- You need 5 slice of fresh mozzarella (I used bocconcini).
- It’s 1 of ground pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 of French cornichon pickles (for a tasty garnish).
- You need 1 of a few slices of Italian sliced salami (not required but super yummy).
Zippy Dijon Caprese Sandwich by the ClannMaster step by step
- Collect ingredients..
- Cut a slice of the baguette to your desired length sandwich (approx 5-6"), then slice the bread long ways leaving the back intact like a hinge..
- Spread dijon mustard and pesto on the bottom slice..
- Thinly slice tomatoes (with the tomatoes laying on their side) and arrange in a layer. (A serrated knife works wonders on this task).
- Pull leaves of basil from the stems and arrange in a layer on the tomatoes..
- Slice your mozzarella and form your final layer of the sandwich.
- Grind pepper and salt on mozzarella..
- Lightly pour oil and vinegar on the top slice of bread to taste. Easy on the vinegar, we don't want soggy bread (I used my own vinaigrette blend I'll share in another recipe).
- Close sandwich, Slice, and enjoy paired with some crunchy cornichons and salami. I hope you enjoy this sandwich with your Clann!.