Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken. Jerk Chicken in the Slow Cooker is Easy. Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken is an easier way to make a delicious authentic Jamaican meal than firing up the grill and you'll have no worries about the smoke you'll be making on the indoor grill or the peppers burning your eyes standing above the outdoor grill. Cooking the chicken in the slow cooker makes it juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.
Arrange the chicken pieces in the slow cooker so that. The slow cooker is (in my opinion) the easiest way to stick to your eating plan. Whether it's home cooked, lightened up, low-carb or whatever you're trying to do, just having your This Jerk Chicken is so simple and serves up great along with some coconut rice and some of your favorite sauteed veggies. You can cook Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 6-10 of bone in, skin on or off Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 of Green Onions, diced. Use the tip to the tail.
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of Scotch Bonnet Pepper(de-seeded and de-veined) or 1 Bell Pepp.
- You need 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Distilled White Vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Allspice.
This is our slow cooker jerk chicken, Spicy, Sweet and full of Jamaican Jerk Flavour. We used chicken breasts in our recipe, but you can easily replace. Slow cooker Jerk Chicken- Super flavorful and Super Easy Jerk Chicken with just the right amount of heat made in a crockpot. Now don't hit the exit button on this slow cooker Jerk chicken because it isn't grilled or baked.
Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken instructions
- Place the chicken thighs on a large pan and brown them on medium high heat on both sides for 5 minutes. First, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with pepper..
- In a food processor add the green onions, yellow onion, scotch bonnet/bell pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and puree until smooth..
- Arrange the chicken in the pot of the slow cooker, skin side facing up..
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken, then cook on low for 8 hours..
I promise this crockpot version is just as tasty as the other versions and is. Try something different with chicken tonight. This Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken is spicy and flavorful. This chicken and sauce has heat and tanginess. It's great over rice, with a side of black beans.