Auntie Mary's Cookies.
You can have Auntie Mary's Cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Auntie Mary's Cookies
- It’s of Dough.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks (slightly beaten).
- Prepare 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 3 of egg whites (beaten stiff).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of ground pecans.
Auntie Mary's Cookies step by step
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter until evenly mixed..
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until the flour is moistened..
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball. Place in freezer until firm but not frozen..
- While in the freezer make the filling. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Fold in ground pecans..
- Pull out 6 balls out at a time of the freezer. Roll each piece on a flour surface into a circle about a 4-5" in diameter. * Pro tip – thinner the better..
- Add 2 Tbs of filling onto each cookie. Spread on center 1/3 and fold sides 1/3 towards the center. Place folded side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cookies are done..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar..