Grilled cheese and ham. Swiss cheese and ham are grilled on whole grain bread for this easy, hot sandwich. I used leftover sliced ham in lieu of deli ham. I wasn't sure about the mayo and mustard but it really was a great addition.
I hope that if you decide to follow this method for your grilled ham and cheese sandwich, you might try to add a few twists that were mentioned earlier, and then let me know how it went!! A simple addition helps our Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich stand out from the crowd. Grilled Smoked Ham, Tomato & Cheese. You can have Grilled cheese and ham using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese and ham
- You need slices of Sourdough bread.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Muenster or other cheese.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need 2 slices of ham.
Prepare as directed, adding tomato slices to sandwich filling, and spreading bread slices with GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard before using to prepare sandwiches. It may just be the best grilled ham and cheese sandwich ever.-Renee Schettler Rossi. Grilled Ham and Cheese Waffle Sandwiches. Spread one side of each with the mustard (if using).
Grilled cheese and ham step by step
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high. Butter both sides of bread. Cook both pieces of bread on one side. Flip one slice and pull other out of pan..
- Places cheese sliced on bread in pan and cook ham in pan next to bread with cheese slices. Once bread is browned to desired liking. Place ham on cheese put on other half of bread flip and cook last un cooked side of bread..
- Cut into quarters and enjoy.
Top with the ham, cheese, and the remaining waffles. Soup and a sandwich is the ultimate comfort food, especially when the sandwich is a grilled cheese. We've added some ham for heartiness and extra flavor. Behind them there's a cup and a box of Goldfish crackers. Divide ham evenly among sandwiches, tucking in to fit.