Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes.
The Greek salad horiatiki is a salad as refreshing and generous as the summer sun. It is a compilation of summer vegetables, roughly chopped with a drizzling of good extra virgin olive oil, a handful of dark. One of the most famous Greek recipes that anyone who has visited Greece during the Summer vacations has tried it. You can have Greek Salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- Prepare of Greek Salad Dressing.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 3 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 8 tbsp of olive oil (EVOO).
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare 2 heads of romaine lettuce.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives.
- It’s 4 oz of feta cheese (crumbled).
Greek salad is one of the most famous salads out there. Its classic ingredients are fresh tomato, cucumbers, capers, onion, feta cheese, olives, green bell pepper, and at least two or three spoonfuls. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement.
Greek Salad instructions
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients and whisk until combined..
- Chop romaine lettuce across into strips. Then cut the strips in half. (I like to cut the lettuce into bite size pieces).
- Peel, slice, and quarter the cucumber. Slice and chop the tomato..
- Add lettuce, tomato, and cucumber to a salad bowl and add enough dressing to coat. (You don't have to use all the dressing you mixed up)..
- Add olives and feta cheese. Toss salad, and serve..
- It's a great side for chicken kebabs, shawarma, or Mediterranean favorites..
A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Made properly – which means no lettuce leaves and a simple, beautiful red wine vinegar dressing! A fresh and colourful salad that's great with grilled meats, or on its own as a main, from BBC Good Food Magazine. Make a fresh and colourful Greek salad in no time. Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese — Greek salads are brimming with flavorful ingredients.