Cheesesteak Spring Rolls.
You can cook Cheesesteak Spring Rolls using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesesteak Spring Rolls
- It’s 12 of spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 lb of skirt steak ( i get mine tenderized by the butcher, you can also use rib eye, thinly sliced after searing).
- You need 12 tbsp of cheese (either cheez whiz, shredded American, cheddar or provolone cheese) really any traditional philly cheesesteak cheese.
- It’s 1 medium of onion coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic clove minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt (or Salt taste) it's a lot of filling.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Cheese Dipping Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded white cheddar (or pepper jack).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper (omit to stay away from heat).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s pinch of pepper.
Cheesesteak Spring Rolls instructions
- Prep your onions, mushrooms and green peppers. Add to a sautee pan with about a tablespoon of oil, granulated garlic and oregano. Cook for 10 min til soft. Add fresh garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Mix and set aside..
- Season skirt steak with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan to medium high heat..
- Sear skirt steak on medium high to high heat, for 3 min on first side and flip to sear for 2 min on other side. Let rest on cutting board for atleast 5min. Then slice against the grain very thin. You shouldn't over cook the meat, bc you'll continue to cook it later in the spring roll..
- Cut meat into 1 inch pieces and place into the pan with the veggies. Combine them..
- Make sure spring rolls are defrosted. Take a spring roll wrapper and dip your fingers into a bowl of water and glide over the edges of the dough..
- Add a couple tablespoons of the meat and veggie mix. Top with a tablespoon of cheese. At times i do half the cheese on bottom, meat mix then more cheese on top to incorporate cheese throughout..
- With the spring roll corner facing you, lift the corner closest to you and fold away, sealing tightly. Half way, bring in the sides and finish the fold..
- Heat oil in a sautee pan filled about 1/4 inch high. Heat to medium high heat..
- Place rolls into heated oil making sure not to over crowd them..
- Cook on each side for 3 min. They should be crispy and golden brown..
- This should make around 12 rolls. Give or take a few, depending on size of spring roll wrappers and how much you fill into wrapper. I've done this in egg roll wrappers as well. Thicker dough and still delicious!.
- For the dipping sauce… heat the butter til melted, add flour and whisk until dissolved. Add milk and whisk to remove lumps. Add shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk for about 3 min till thickened and heated through..
- For the dipping sauce… heat the butter til melted, add flour and whisk until dissolved. Add milk and whisk to remove lumps. Add shredded cheese salt, pepper and cayenne. Whisk for about 3 min till thickened and heated through..