ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert).
You can cook ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert)
- You need 250 gm of whole wheat grains.
- Prepare 250 ml of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1000 ml of full fat milk, preferably tetra pack.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rose water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of golden raisins, seedless.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 cups+ 3 cups of water.
- It’s of for garnishing.
- Prepare as needed of freshly grated coconut.
- Prepare as needed of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare as needed of pistachios.
- Prepare as needed of toasted almond slivers.
ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) instructions
- Wash and soak whole wheat overnight in 4 cups of water. Drain the water next morning..
- In a pot add the drained wheat along with 3 cups of warm water. Cover and let cook on simmer till the wheat grains are cooked through. Let cool. Do not drain The water..
- In a blender puree I cup of the boiled wheat using the water(as required) it was boiled in.Add he pureed wheat back into the remaining wheat..
- Combine milk, sugar, rose water,vanilla extract,raisins and cornstrach making sure there are no lumps.Add to the wheat and cook,stirring occasionally, until the consistency thickens..
- Pour into individual serving bowls or one big dessert bowl. Let cool completely.Garnish with grated coconut, cinnamon powder, pistachios and toasted almond slivers before serving..
- Can be served warm or cold..