Brad's lobster roll. This is my Luke's Lobster copycat. Lobster roll is a Maine specialty consisting of cooked lobster meat that is, ideally, drizzled with melted butter and placed into long hot dog rolls. Additionally, the sandwich might include lettuce, lemon juice.
Here's a recipe to help you create your own lobster rolls at home. Now, lobster is a treat and costs a fortune. I've paid over ten dollars for one of these lobster rolls in Cape Cod and it wasn't half as good or half as big as the ones my Mom taught me to make. You can cook Brad's lobster roll using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's lobster roll
- It’s 1 (3 lb) of lobster, deshell, and Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, cut down middle lengthwise then slice thin.
- It’s of Juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3-4 tbs of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper and old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Belillo rolls.
- It’s of Shredded merlot belvitano cheese.
- It’s of Lemon wedge.
- Prepare of Creme friach.
We asked Yelp for the best lobster rolls in America — which they measured using an algorithm that looked at the number of reviews plus the star rating for every eatery on Yelp. This lobster roll, on the other hand, is Connecticut style. That means absolutely no mayo in sight, just melted butter and some chives for freshness. We think this version really let's the lobster take center.
Brad's lobster roll instructions
- Mix all of the lobster ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chill for 1 hour..
- Split the belillo roll. Toast if desired. Spread creme friach on roll. Top with lobster and shredded cheese. Squeeze lemon wedge over top. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Get lobster tail for lobster roll. Although the word "lobster" might discourage you to try this recipe at home, I highly recommend you giving it a try. It is super easy requiring just a few simple ingredients. Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen and Bobby Deen. Butter Poached Lobster Rolls with Bibb Lettuce and Spicy Mustard Mayonnaise.