Chicken Carrot Casserole.
You can cook Chicken Carrot Casserole using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Carrot Casserole
- You need of — Chicken and broth ——–.
- Prepare 3 pounds of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 pound of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2-1/2 quarts of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 of small diced onions.
- You need of —–Roux——-.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of gram flour / chickpea flour.
- Prepare of —-topping ———.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
Chicken Carrot Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put chicken in a pot cover with water, add spices. Boil the thighs and carrots till done. The thighs were frozen when I started. Shred the chicken and return to pot..
- In a pan melt the butter.
- Add gram flour and stir till it absorbs the butter.
- It should be little loose. Not to tight add more butter if necessary..
- Put the hot chicken and broth mixture in a 9×13 pan. Pour in the Roux. Mix well..
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley to top.
- Put into oven 1 hour..
- Let rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!.