You can have Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Custard.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
Lemon Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..