Homemade dark chocolate ice cream with rum raisins and nuts – or simply create your own flavors🍦😋. But why is the rum gone? Although I've never been the biggest fan of rum as a drink, its sweet and somewhat spicy flavor profile can magically enhance. We're kicking it off with homemade raisin rum ice cream.
Start this rum-flavored ice cream the day before by steeping raisins and dark rum overnight. I used homemade vanilla ice cream and just added the soaked raisins (I gave them a whirl in my food processor first) and only half the rum with the ice cream during the last five minutes in the churn. Combine raisins, rum and vanilla extract in small bowl; cover and stand overnight. You can cook Homemade dark chocolate ice cream with rum raisins and nuts – or simply create your own flavors🍦😋 using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade dark chocolate ice cream with rum raisins and nuts – or simply create your own flavors🍦😋
- It’s 500 g of Whipping cream.
- You need 180 g of Condensed milk.
- Prepare 80 g of Cocoa powder.
- You need of Assorted nuts (chopped).
- Prepare of Raisin soaked in rum in advance.
- Prepare of Dark chocolate (grated).
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions. Tips for Making Ice Cream at Home. Perfect Your Ice Cream Making Technique With These Ideas. Follow these tips to improve your own ice cream making technique.
Homemade dark chocolate ice cream with rum raisins and nuts – or simply create your own flavors🍦😋 step by step
- Pour the cold whipping cream into a big bowl and whisk with an electric mixer in medium high speed until soft peaks formed (around 3 minutes). For better result, place the bowl of whipping cream into another bowl of iced water when you whip the cream, to ensure the cream is really cold.
- Add in the cocoa powder (sifted) and condensed milk and continue to whip until you have stiff peaks, around 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the chopped nuts, grated dark chocolate and rum raisin (optional) or your favorite condiments and transfer to a container.
- Cover the container and keep in the freezer at least for 6 hours before serving.
- Based on this recipe, you can create endless flavors with your own imaginations ! Have fun and enjoy !.
Adding candy pieces, nuts or dried or fresh fruit to your ice cream can add a whole new flavor and texture dimension. Two keys to making rum raisin nut chocolate taste amazing is to soak the raisins in the rum for several hours. The other key is to toast the nuts as that Any chocolate works well. This time I made both dark and milk chocolate versions and it also tastes great with white chocolate. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and chocolate covered raisins.