Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak.
You can cook Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak
- It’s 2-3 lbs of bottom round steak, sliced.
- It’s 2-3 of bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dry basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 6 of hero/ grinder rolls.
- You need 1/2 lb of any cheese you prefer, sliced.
Slow Cooker Mackie Cheese Steak step by step
- Slice the steak as thinly as possible. (If you can, have your butcher slice the steak for you. If not, that is fine.) Rub the spices onto the slices of steak. Place the steak in refrigerator. Let the spices marinate for 1-2 hours..
- Turn on your broiler, then place the steak into the oven. Cook the steak for 6-8 minutes, until browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes..
- When the steak has cooled, put the steak into the slow cooker. They may overlap..
- Add the onion and peppers into the slow cooker as well now..
- Pour the broth over the onions, peppers, and steak. Stir to mix..
- Place the cover on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 6-8 hours. We cooked it for 7 hours and it was perfect..
- Put two slices of cheese on a sliced roll, then pile the steak, peppers, and onion on top of them. Serve with fries, a salad, vegetables, or eat it alone..