Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. Seasoned side down add slice of cheese, tomato, fresh ground pepper, basil and other slice of cheese topping with second slice of bread seasoned side up. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added.
This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. Keep reading for how this best grilled cheese sandwich (aka grilled cheese with tomato and basil), was inspired by not knowing anything. The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp Kitchn's Food Editor, Hali, calls mayonnaise the raincoat of this sandwich. You can have Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- You need 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- You need 1 of ripe large tomato.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- It’s To taste of pepper & salt.
- It’s of Some jalapenos (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
Spreading a thin layer on each slice of bread prevents the bread from. This grilled cheese sandwich version is quick and easy to prepare. It is just like making a simple grilled Swiss cheese sandwich. Arrange the cheese, embutido, basil, and tomato over a slice of white bread.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
Top with the remaining slice to form sandwich. Roasted tomato basil grilled cheese recipe to make on your Blackstone Griddle or on the Cast Iron Skillet. This sandwich was bursting with Italian flavors. Sprinkle, dried herbs like oregano and basil. You can also use dried mix herbs.