Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody. Today I'm eating a GIANT MASSIVE seafood boil. I have a whole lobster, lobster tails, jumbo sea scallops and crab legs. We have diver scallops for sale online!
Lobster, shrimp, mussels, and snapper are simmered on top of saffron-scented rice in this Spanish classic. Serve this to a group of friends, and they'll keep coming back! The only changes I made were what proteins I used. You can have Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody
- You need of ● For The Fresh Seafood [check for any fishy smell if so no go!].
- It’s 1.5 Pounds of Fresh Lobster Tails [raw de-shelled – de-veined].
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Fresh Jumbo Tiger Shrimp [raw – de-veined – de-shelled].
- You need 2 Pounds of Fresh LG Jumbo Sea Scallops [rinsed – halved].
- You need of ● For The Fresh Crispy Vegetables & Fruits.
- Prepare 1/2 of Each: Green, Red & Yellow Bell Peppers [de-seeded julienned].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Firm Tomatoes [chopped].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Red Onion [julienned].
- Prepare 6 of LG Fresh Garlic Cloves [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley [lose pack – chopped].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [lose pack – chopped].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [chopoed + reserves for garnish].
- It’s 1 of LG Jalapeño [fine diced].
- You need of ● For The Seasonings & Oils.
- You need 2 tbsp of [Garlic] Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 Cube of Kerrygold [Herbed] Irish Butter [important].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine [add more if needed].
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Saffron [or more – crushed & soaked in wine].
- It’s to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- Prepare as needed of Dipping Bread [for base juices].
- It’s 1 Pound of Fresh Mussels [cook until opened – throw anything not].
- Prepare 1 Pound of Fresh Monk Fish [1" cubes].
- Prepare as needed of White Rice.
- Prepare as needed of Pasta [your choice]/type.
- You need of Lemon Wedges [for seasoning and garnish].
Added small scallops, clams, instead o. Dry and then season scallops with salt and pepper. Divide the scallops among the plates, sprinkle with lobster chunks and spoon the sauce over the scallops and lobster. Bring the mango sauce to a boil and pour a spoonful on each plate.
Mike's Saffron Lobster, Jumbo Scallops & Shrimp Vegetable Melody step by step
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need in steps #1 #2 #3 & #4..
- Chop all vegetables as listed above..
- Halved jumbo scallops and de-shelled large cubed lobster pieces pictured. Scallops about 20 halved total..
- Jumbo Tiger Shrimp pictured. Shelled, de-veined and de-tailed. About 30 total..
- Reserve your seafood shells and boil them for 20 minutes with limited water and wine for a basic seafood stock instead of water or chicken broth if interested. To be used then or, within the week in another dish..
- Soak your Saffon threads in 1/4 cup quality white wine for 10 minutes..
- Here's your desired outcome color wise..
- Fry your hardest vegetables on high in seasoned butter, olive oil and a good dash of white wine first for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic. Stir regularly..
- Simple seasonings pictured..
- Then add your seafood and steam tightly covered on high for 3 to 4 minutes longer. Stir regularly. In the last minute of frying, add your fresh soft herbs and vegetables..
- Serve alone, with fresh bread for sopping juices. Or, alongside or, over white rice or pasta with chopsticks and/or forks..
Place the scallops on the sauce and top with the chives. Lobster & Jumbo Scallop Massaman Curry. Jumbo Sea Scallops ~Pistachio Corn Polenta, Lemon Saffron Coulis, Tobiko, Ikura~ – Picture of Greystone Prime Steakhouse & Seafood, San Diego. Take a step on the wild side with the all-natural Jumbo Scallops from Specially Selected. As an excellent source of protein, these scallops make a great dinner option.