Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta.
You can have Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta
- You need 1 lb of penne pasta.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mixed herbs(dried parsley/ Italian seasoning/ Oregano).
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan/ Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of Mixed Veggies(carrot, beans, bell pepper, mushrooms).
- You need 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped onion.
Cheesy Béchamel Sauce Penne Pasta instructions
- In a large pan, add 4 cups of water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp oil and let it boil well. Then add the pasta, cook as per the package instructions..
- Once pasta is cooked, strain it using a strainer and rinse it once under cold water and keep it aside..
- Melt butter in a medium pan, add garlic, onion and saute for 1 minute over medium heat..
- Then add Veggies and saute for about 3-5 mins. If you want veggies to remain crunchy. Remove the veggies from pan and set aside..
- Meanwhile in another large sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil, add 2 tbsp flour and stir well without forming lumps. Then add 1 cup milk(you can add 1/4 cup little heavy cream as well) and mix well..
- Once you get creamy consistency, add 3/4 cup cheese, mixed herbs, pepper,salt,chili flakes and Cook until sauce boils and thickens..
- Stir in the boiled pasta and the sauteed veggies. Toss until the pasta and veggies are coated with the sauce. Taste test and adjust the seasonings at this point. Serve white sauce pasta immediately out of the pan with more grated parmesan cheese if needed. Tastes best when fresh. Enjoy!.