Old fashioned meatloaf. This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or barbecue sauce. It's hard a resist a good meatloaf, especially on a cold day. This ultimate comfort food is a great meal to make when.
Creole and Greek seasonings pack the meatloaf with flavor that the whole family will enjoy. For dinner tonight, try Paula Deen's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf recipe, a comforting Southern classic from Food Network. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. You can cook Old fashioned meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Old fashioned meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of sleeve crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz.
- It’s of I egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbsp minced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of season salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of each onion and garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need of Tangy ketchup mix:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- You need 2 of heaping tbsp soy sauce.
- It’s to taste of Pepper, onion and garlic powders.
This old fashioned meatloaf recipe has been passed down for a few generations and is still one of This old fashioned meatloaf recipe is one I have used forever, tweaked here and there but always. It's such a simple and classic meatloaf recipe. My whole family loves it when I make this for dinner. Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, onion, bell pepper, diced tomatoes with juice, and oats & shape into a loaf and placed into a Pam sprayed meatloaf pan.
Old fashioned meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the meat with the next 8 ingredients. I use my clean hands to stir my meat mixture. I fold it over and over itself until it just fully combines. Don’t over mix it..
- In a glass baking dish shape your meat into an evenly shaped rectangle so it cooks evenly. My loaf usually rounds out a bit during baking. Slide it into the oven and bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- In the meantime, make your ketchup mixture. Combine all the ingredients and whisk. After 45 minutes, take the loaf out of the oven and spoon a heavy layer on top of the meatloaf to the edges. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, uncovered..
- Pull your meatloaf out of the oven and move it to a platter. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. I like extra sauce spooned over my slice..
Reviews for: Photos of Old-Fashioned Meatloaf. Old-Fashioned Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Jump to Recipe Leave a Review. Old Fashioned Meatloaf (Oven Recipe)Recipes That Crock. Old Fashioned Ozarks Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.