My Cucumber Caprese Salad. Hubby came up with this idea years ago using the bounty that came from our CSA. It is a simple recipe that is easy to put together. Cucumber Caprese Salad Directions: • In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a.
Cucumbers are noodlized and then tossed with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil for a delish side you can make in minutes. Overlapping layers of tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, and basil are painted with balsamic reduction and olive oil in this simple but elegant caprese salad. "An easy and delicious layered-style cucumber caprese salad that makes for a beautiful presentation!" This fresh, crisp caprese salad with cucumbers is my new favorite side for spring and summer. Add an easy balsamic vinaigrette (recipe included) and serve with crusty bread! You can cook My Cucumber Caprese Salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Cucumber Caprese Salad
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- You need 1 of cucumber peeled, seeds scraped with fork, sliced thin & diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh motzerella or 4 motzerella cheese sticks.
- You need 1/2 of white onion, diced.
There's no flavor combination I love in the world more than mozzarella, tomatoes and basil mixed with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. Simple caprese salads are really all I want to eat these days, be it for a light lunch or part of a lazy picnic dinner spread. It doesn't get easier than this. Cucumber slices are simply scattered among the usual caprese salad suspects: thick tomatoes slices, sliced fresh mozzarella, a handful of fresh basil. ×.
My Cucumber Caprese Salad step by step
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside..
- Peel washed cucumber, scrap the seeds with spoon and slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl..
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers..
- Thinly slice and dice your white onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls) or 4 motzerella cheese sticks cut into bite sized pieces (Let's keep it simple.) Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion..
- Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well..
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving..
We didn't mind the gentle fizz of the wine, in fact it went perfectly with the food: a cucumber melon caprese salad, seasoned with peppery olive oil and arranged in a dainty stack; thin-crust pizza topped with prosciutto and peaches; and the. Enjoy a fresh twist on a classic Italian favorite, this cucumber caprese salad is light, flavorful, keto-friendly, and makes for the perfect summer side dish. This cool cucumber caprese salad is filled with juicy cherry tomatoes and creamy avocado, and takes only a few minutes to toss together! Now that summer is here, it's natural to crave refreshingly light meals like this crunchy cucumber caprese salad. A salad is a very versatile dish to make — you can mix and match different fresh fruits and vegetables, add herbs and spices for flavor, and even top it with cheese or any lean protein (like chicken, turkey, or beef) for added flavor.