homemade hamburger helper. This homemade Hamburger Helper recipe has ground beef, macaroni, and a flavorful cheesy cheddar sauce that kids and adults will love! Hamburger Helper is one of those nostalgic meals that the whole family loves. But the boxed version you grew up eating is full of preservatives and added chemicals.
These homemade hamburger helper recipes from scratch are made out of wholesome ingredients without the chemicals and preservatives the boxed kind has. Think of this as the most luxurious Hamburger Helper you've ever had. It's how Mark Rosati, the culinary director of Shake. You can cook homemade hamburger helper using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of homemade hamburger helper
- You need of ground beef or ground turkey.
- It’s of campbells cream of chicken.
- It’s of mushrooms (optional).
- You need of onion, chopped and sauted.
- It’s of pasta noodles. i used a whole box of traditional whole wheat "cork screw" pasta.
- It’s of handfulls of fresh washed spinach.
- It’s of carrot thinley diced (i used my food processor).
- It’s of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
Super easy recipe for healthy homemade hamburger helper. A favorite beef pasta casserole (next to stroganoff). Plus you make it in one pot so there is minimal clean up! Homemade Hamburger Helper is made from things you likely already have in the pantry/fridge, this I make it ahead – in that I make up little baggies of the spices and seasonings, with the pasta and.
homemade hamburger helper instructions
- heat up skillet add olive oil. cook meat until no longer pink. add in onion carrot and spinach. let cook until all blended. add cream of chicken and Cheddar cheese season with salt and pepper. turn off stove let stand with lid..
- cook whole wheat pasta to boiling water add salt and olive oil to water to prevent sticking..
- drain pasta add pasta to meat mixture. blend together add desired amount of cheese if you want it more cheesier..
- serve hot. top with cheese. enjoy.
This homemade hamburger helper is a lunch and dinner staple in my house! Sometimes, though, the youngest gets up the nerve to ask me for food that comes from a box. You can make your Homemade Hamburger Helper in advance by pre-measuring the pasta. Snack-size baggies are perfect for the sauce mix. Hamburger Helper Sliders With Homemade BiscuitsJENerally Informed.