Classic chocolate chip cookies. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good. I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very Looking over the ingredients list and the measurements of each, I recognized this as your fairly standard, classic chocolate chip cookie. We took our basic chocolate chip cookie and made one isolated change at a time.
These Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies are dangerously addictive with the perfect texture, perfect taste, perfect everything. For me, the perfect chocolate chip cookie is crisp at the edges, chewy throughout, studded with lots of chocolate chips or chunks, and gooey in the middle. These classic chocolate chip cookies are made with the addition of chopped pecans, but feel free to omit them or replace them with more chocolate chips if you aren't a fan of nuts. You can have Classic chocolate chip cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic chocolate chip cookies
- You need 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of hot water.
- Prepare of ¹/² tsp salt.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
Or, instead of pecans, add walnuts or brickle bits to the cookie dough. This easy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe makes perfect cookies that are crispy on the outside with a soft & chewy center. Make these alongside Classic Peanut Butter Cookies or Fudge Brownies for the perfect classic baking day! Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their repertoire, and this is mine.
Classic chocolate chip cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Cream together butter and white and brown sugar until smooth..
- Beat in one egg at a time then stir in vanilla..
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mixture with salt..
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips..
- Bake 10-15 minutes depending on cookie size..
How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever (how to make easy cookies from scratch). Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if desired) by hand. These melt in your mouth Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies combine everything we love in a cookie; soft and cake-like with crisp edges and chewy centers. Like these chocolate chip salted caramel cookies and butterscotch toffee cookies.