Blackforest cheesecake. A lovely moist dense pound-cake like chocolate cake with a decadent cheesecake ribbon. This recipe by Carey Enns of Aylmer Ontario. Wonderful no bake black forest cheesecake.
This Black Forest Cheesecake recipe has all the flavours of a black forest cake in a rich, indulgent baked chocolate cheesecake. Chocolate and cherries are an undeniably great combo and this black forest cheesecake is a great vehicle for showcasing this delightful pairing. This dark, indulgent chocolate cheesecake swirled with cherries is a great showstopper for any occasion. You can cook Blackforest cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackforest cheesecake
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreos (16 cookies).
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 12 oz. (1 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (high quality).
- It’s 3 packages (8 oz.) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare of Whipped Cream (3/4 cup heavy cream).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla).
- It’s 1 can of cherry pie filling.
Black Forest Cheesecakes layered with an Oreo crust, a rich, velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake, sweet and fluffy whipped creamy and a slightly tart, vibrantly red luscious. Black Forest cake is re-invented in this decadent cheesecake! Top cheesecake with pie filling and whipped topping just before serving. Black Forest Cheesecake Cake has a layer of smooth, creamy cheesecake swirled with tart pie cherries, sandwiched between layers of rich, moist chocolate cake.
Blackforest cheesecake step by step
- Pull out all ingredients, and allow them to sit out at room temperature while you make the crust..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 9"springform pan and press down firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1". Bake crust in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes..
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl (I use a glass bowl) that is large enough to sit in the pot without being submerged in the water. Place the bowl on top of the pot and let the steam melt the chocolate. Stir until fully melted and smooth. Set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment), blend (room temperature) cream cheese until smooth..
- Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated..
- Add salt, sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend..
- Add melted (and cooled) chocolate and blend to combine..
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and blend together with a fork. Add eggs to the cheesecake mixture and blend on low speed just until combined. You do not want to beat the mixture too much after the eggs are added, or you will incorporate too much air causing it to later puff up and deflate..
- Pour filling into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300F..
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged..
- To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross a few sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1" deep. Carefully move to oven and bake..
- Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover and move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight..
- Top chilled cheesecake with whipped cream (3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla). Beat cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until thick and fluffy..
- Top whipped cream layer with 1 can of cherry pie filling..
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Cut with a sharp knife, and wipe off the knife with a moist/hot washcloth between cuts..
Black Forest Cheesecake from NC Visuals is a video which teaches you how to make this delicious cake. Directed and edited by Nacho Castillo Music : EMBRZ-Lights… Black Forest Cheesecake. Be the first to rate & review! This slow cooker or Instant Pot cheesecake is going to be your favorite way to make a decadent. A retro combination of flavours, black forest NEVER goes out of style.