Brad's lobster thermidor over pasta. Lobster Thermidor is a French dish consisting of a creamy mixture of cooked lobster meat, egg yolks, and brandy (often Cognac), stuffed into a lobster shell. It can also be served with an oven-browned cheese crust, typically Gruyère. The sauce must contain mustard (typically powdered mustard).
This stunning lobster dish is surprisingly simple to make. Lobster shells are stuffed with cooked lobster in a creamy white wine sauce, then topped with Parmesan cheese and grilled until golden. "Our Lobster Thermidor is one of our lobster delicacies that everyone will love, with sweet chunks of Maine lobster and plenty of tender mushrooms in a hearty, cheesy cream sauce. Serve over puff pastry, toast points or pour over rice or pasta. You can have Brad's lobster thermidor over pasta using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's lobster thermidor over pasta
- You need 4 of rock lobster tails.
- You need 1 of shallot, diced.
- You need 1 tbs of canola oil.
- You need 3 tbs of ap flour.
- You need 3 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of plus whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of powdered chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 (8 Oz) of can peas and carrots, drained.
- You need 4 Oz of chopped proccuito.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese, plus for serving.
- You need 1 of for pasta I used 1/2 pkg medium shells.
Learn how to make Lobster Thermidor. Gradually add whipping cream; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. From easy Lobster Thermidor recipes to masterful Lobster Thermidor preparation techniques, find Lobster Thermidor ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. The basis for Thermidor sauce is a traditional French bechamel, which is composed of a light roux Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Brad's lobster thermidor over pasta instructions
- Boil lobster tails in salted water. Remove to a plate to cool..
- Place oil in a large frying pan. Sauté shallots until translucent..
- Add butter and flour. Stir constantly until it starts to brown and smell nutty..
- Add 3 cups milk a 1/4 cup at a time. Allow mix to regain temperature in between. Until you get a creamy sauce..
- Add everything else except lobster. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. If mix thickens, add more milk..
- In the water you boiled the lobster cook pasta until al dentè. Drain and rinse with hot water..
- Deshelled the lobster. Chop into bite size pieces. Remove sauce from heat. Add lobster and serve immediately. Garnish with more parmesan cheese..
- I served with 5 cheese Texas toast and oven baked sweet potato fries..
Put the lobsters on plates, pouring any butter from the tray over them. Lobster Thermidor – creamy, sweet and nutty lobster meat stuffed into lobster shells then sprinkled with cheese and baked to perfection. Makes a fancy main course without paying a hefty price. Perfect for special occasions, especially this Mother's Day! I got the inspiration for making this Lobster.