Raw Vegan Pad Thai. Raw Pad Thai is a quick and easy, healthy recipe featuring kelp noodles, fresh veggies and creamy peanut dressing for a tasty raw vegan lunch, dinner or make ahead meal! A few weeks ago I was given a package of kelp noodles and finally found the perfect dish to feature them in. Our raw pad Thai salad is made with spiralized zucchini, squash and carrot noodles instead of traditional rice noodles.
This Raw vegan pad Thai uses zucchini noodles in place of rice noodles and gets topped with a spicy peanut butter dressing! Let's talk pad Thai…specifically raw pad Thai. This raw vegan pad Thai is super versatile and you can add pretty much any veggies you'd regularly enjoy in a salad! You can have Raw Vegan Pad Thai using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Raw Vegan Pad Thai
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Courgette.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 1 of sharp apple (optional) Squeeze with lime if you are not eating straight away or it will brown.
- Prepare 1 handful of beansprouts.
- You need 1 handful of fresh herbs and micro herbs.
- You need 1 handful of fresh sprouted seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- You need 1-2 of spring onions.
- It’s of Raw crushed nuts (optional).
- It’s 1 of red and 1 green chili (chopped to your taste, you may like a spicy or less spicy version).
- You need 1/2 of lime wedges.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh tamarind paste.
- You need 1 of date or 1 tablespoon of agave syrup.
- You need 1/2 clove of crushed garlic (more if you like).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed ginger (more if you like).
- Prepare 1 splash of Tamari.
- You need 1/2 of lime (juice).
Notes – Raw Pad Thai Recipe. If you make the dressing first, and then toss the veggies on top, this is a one-pot meal. The original recipe called for raw honey, but I've made it vegan by using raw agave or maple syrup. Watch me make my delicious Raw Pad Thai recipe in the kitchen today.
Raw Vegan Pad Thai step by step
- Wash and dry the vegetables and herbs. Ribbon the vegetables. Chop the chili pepper and herbs and crush the nuts ready to garnish..
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small blender. Taste and adjust as to your preference..
- Drizzle the sauce on to the salad and garnish with lots of fresh, chopped chili (if you like it spicy) fresh nuts if you are using them and a wedge of lime..
This is a must-try if you love Thai food and want a healthy and yummy version of this. This pad Thai-inspired raw vegan food salad is hearty enough to serve as an entrée and one of our favorites. The flavor in this recipe really comes from the fresh, quality ingredients, in particular, the fresh chopped cilantro, so whatever you do, don't substitute the raw fresh cilantro for dried. Craving Thai food, but need a raw, vegan alternative? This pad Thai recipe is almost easier than calling for take-out.