1952 original Chex party mix #mycookbook. Classic Oven Baked Chex Party Mix. I have read "the original Chex mix" recipe on the box and I knew the original did not contain any type of bagel chip. Thank you for posting Nothing like the original Chex party mix baking in the oven, filling your house with that wonderful aroma.
It's easy to pull the original Chex™ Mix recipe together yourself—feel free to add your own personal flair. Clipped from the coupon section, the Chex Party Mix has a few more ingredients than the traditional Chex Mix. Did you know that Chex Party Mix developed with the introduction of TV watching into daily life? You can have 1952 original Chex party mix #mycookbook using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 1952 original Chex party mix #mycookbook
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 2 cups of wheat Chex.
- It’s 2 cups of rice Chex.
- It’s 1/2 cup of nuts (peanuts optional).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of garlic.
It was a snack that could be eaten without interrupting a TV show! It is way different than many of the recipes you find on line today. Recipe By: Chex. "Still great after all these years! This original Chex Mix recipes can be added to with any of the recipes on Chex.com.
1952 original Chex party mix #mycookbook instructions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, or microwave. When butter is melted add the worceshire and mix..
- In a big bowl and the Chex cereal and peanuts..
- Add the rest of the seasoning to the Chex bowl (sprinkle) then the butter mixture and mix with hands. Make sure it’s all coated well..
- Place on cookie sheet evenly..
- Cook on 250 for 30 mins stirring every 10 mins (don’t burn it, after it browns up some it done and is no longer wet, this can burn very fast.).
- Cool and Store in airtight container..
- Notes- I triple the recipe and add pretzels to the Chex with butter mixture. When it’s done then I add nuts and the cheeez it’s, goldfish or wale’s are good in this too, I like to use goldfish because it’s tends to be cheaper….
- Love making this the holidays, and road trips..
Mix up a small batch of this time-tested party snack just for your family. Don't add the fancy ingredients, add the special salt and double up on Making the original Chex Mix for a crowd. Recipe can be doubled, or even tripled. Recipes for snack mixes made from breakfast cereals were not a new idea, but a clever one. Packaged Chex Mix contains ingredients that the original Chex mix recipe did not call for.