Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese. This grilled cheese with tomatoes & basil isn't just any old grilled cheese. And it's also a little more elevated than simply tucking tomatoes and basil into a grilled cheese recipe (which is also delicious, mind you). For this one, the tomatoes are roasted just long enough until they're starting to burst.
Sprinkle dried basil and salt and pepper to taste. This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes Yes just picture it, a perfectly toasted, golden, crisp crusted, gooey, melty grilled cheese crouton soaking in a perfectly fresh roasted tomato basil soup. You can have Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese
- Prepare 4 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced.
- You need of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare 4 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced about 1/4 inch.
- It’s of Softened butter.
- Prepare of Balsamic glaze for dipping (optional).
This grilled cheese and tomato soup dynamic duo just got a major upgrade from the shelf-stable stuff. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese and basil. Just a quick snack or lunch idea for your harvested basil and tomato.
Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese instructions
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread.
- On the other side of the bread, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- On two slices of bread, add cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil. Top the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
- Place the sandwiches buttered side down on a skillet heated to medium high. Place a sandwich press or a heavy bottomed skillet on top of the sandwiches. The best grilled cheese is always pressed..
- Cook about 3 minutes until the first side is golden brown. Flip and repeat..
- Serve with balsamic glaze on the side for dipping (optional).
Basil-tomato Grilled Cheese recipe: This a great twist on a old time favorite and the kids will surly love it too!! In a small bowl, combine the oil, parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich. On a griddle, cook sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Grilled Cheese with Tomato is the ultimate comfort food, it doesn't matter if you are an oldster or a youngster. Soft sourdough bread grilled with gruyere, cheddar cheese, and tomato is always the perfect A pan-fried grilled cheese with mayo and tomato looks just as good on a plate as it tastes!