Ground Beef Chili.
You can have Ground Beef Chili using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plus 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- You need 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 can of (28 ounces) diced tomatoes undrained.
- It’s 1 can of (8 ounces) tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 ounces) light or dark kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
Ground Beef Chili step by step
- Cook first 2 ingredients in a large skillet until meat is browned and onions have softened. Drain off excess fat..
- Add cooked beef, onions and the rest of the ingredients to a stock pot, mix well; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for one and a half to two hours..