Ground Beef Torta.
You can cook Ground Beef Torta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Torta
- It’s 3/4 cup of ground beef taco meat; see my "picadillo" recipe.
- Prepare 1 of telera roll.
- It’s 2/3 cup of refried pinto beans.
- It’s 1 slice of bacon; medium dice.
- Prepare 1/4 of avocado; thick slices.
- It’s 1/4 of red onion; julienne.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 2/3 cup of white vinegar.
Ground Beef Torta step by step
- Heat taco meat in a non-stick pan. Use beef stock, tomato puree, or salsa to help retain moisture if desired..
- Slowly render fat from bacon in a saute pan. Remove bacon. Eat it or top the torta!.
- Add refried beans and heat slowly until hot..
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small sauce pot or shallow saute pan. Bring to a boil. Add onions. Boil for one minute. Remove pot from heat. Super quick pickled red onions!.
- Slice bread and layer as follows. Beans, meat, and then avocado slices. Toast in a pre-heated panini press sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until bread is crispy..
- Variations; Salsa, sauteed onions, peppers, garlic, goat cheese, queso fresco, cotija, Chihuahua cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro.