Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup. Autumn Pork, Vegetable and Ale StewPork. I like ground beef in soup, but I don't like the flavor of beef fat so I like to rinse the cooked ground beef with VERY HOT water before I use it in Cook the soup until the barley is done but still slightly chewy, then stir in the balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper. This Stuffed Pepper Soup is a great hearty Fall time soup.
Slow Cooker Ground Beef, Barley, and Vegetables Soup. This classic beef barley recipe is healthy comfort food that the whole family can enjoy in the fall and winter months. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. You can cook Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 of bell peppers: red, yellow, & orange.
- It’s 1/2 cup of barley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz) of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 48 oz of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Pre-cooked beef and raw barley are simmered in beef broth seasoned with black pepper in this soup which can be ready in Add ground pepper to taste. Cook until soup reaches desired thickness. Beef Barley Soup – A comforting hearty bowl of soup made with carrots, celery, onions, lean beef and pearl barley. Add the barley, adjust the salt if needed and add fresh ground pepper.
Bell Pepper and Ground Beef Barley Soup step by step
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan with olive oil. Meat should be in small pieces..
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into 1 inch pieces..
- Add the bell peppers, barley, beef broth, ground beef, stewed tomatoes, rosemary, and parsley into a large pot. Place the pot onto the stove and bring all ingredients to a boil then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer until done. How long you cook it depends on how well done you like your vegetables. I cook it for 30 minutes because I like crispy vegetables..
See, ground beef barley soup is the best! Tips for Best Beef Barley Soup. If you drain beef fat, do so in garbage or city collected compost. Top rated Bell pepper soup recipes. This stuffed pepper soup is a hearty meal loaded with ground beef, onions, rice and bell peppers in a tomato based broth.