Potato and Ground Beef Burritos.
You can have Potato and Ground Beef Burritos using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground Beef Burritos
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning, or teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 large of or two small potatoes.
- You need 3 of jalapeño slices per burrito, optional.
- It’s 1 packages of of 10-12 flour tortillas.
Potato and Ground Beef Burritos instructions
- Peel and cut potato into half-inch cubes and set aside..
- Dice onion..
- Heat a medium lidded pan on high heat for a few minutes then add in the olive oil to just below smoking point..
- Add onion and saute a few minutes until it begins to brown..
- Add ground beef and break up as it browns, meanwhile the Montreal seasoning or salt/pepper should be added at this point..
- Continue to allow the ground beef to brown without lowering the temperature until the beef is well browned and has just begun to *slightly* caramelize and the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and quickly take out all but three tablespoons of the fat..
- Replace pan to high heat, pushing meat to sides so fat is heating in the middle..
- In quick succession, stir in first the cumin powder agitating briefly, followed by the diced potatoes stirring first to coat with oil, then mixing with the meat..
- Reduce heat to very low and cover tightly. Allow to cook, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes, checking and stirring once or twice to prevent burning and to see that the potatoes have finished..
- Remove from heat when potatoes are tender then taste for salt and pepper, adding some if needed..
- Heat tortillas in a very hot dry pan. Roll 3-4 tablespoons of filling into each one adding jalapeños as desired..